OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Oct 29 16:13:24 CET 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 05:13  AM, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Its either that personalisation has been switched on - which I think is
> in general bad for a general purpose list,

It is. This is a new feature of 2.1, folks. And I disagree strongly
with Nigel that it's a bad idea. I've been running my lists with
personalization on for about 10 days now (they got all the pain fixing
things...), and it's a nice plus. It'll be nicer once Barry adds some
of the personalization into the footer. Once this is turned on, you can
do some neat things like pre-load the URL for the listinfo page so it
takes a user to their info directly, not a generic page where they have
to figure out what to do.

It's a feature, not a bug.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.