OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Oct 29 18:39:22 CET 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 08:52  AM, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> It's just a general good idea that when you change things, you should
> let your users know of the changes.

I don't disagree. I thought Barry did send out a warning that the list
was going to 2.1.

> One of the rules of effective system administration is to not piss off
> your users.

On the other hand, people have to remember this list is about mailman,
so testing mailman on it is a necessary evil, and things are going to
happen that, ahem, aren't always what's planned. The joy of beta code
is even if you do get all the warnings, stuff's going to change in ways
that you may not be ready for (because it might be broken...)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
     And they all died happily ever after