OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Oct 29 19:38:21 CET 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 10:24  AM, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

> Gosh, I get a lot of mail here that doesn't have anything resembling a
> List-ID
> header, and I don't recall every seeing the filter settings for my
> mail software
> (Eudora and NS Messenger) that offered to filter on that header, so I
> can't
> accept your contention that filtering on other fields is "incorrect."

Point taken. If list-ID exists, it is what you should use to filter
list mail on. not all list servers support list-ID yet, but the right
answer is to encourage them to follow the standards, and you should.

> That is the same as my saying that the nickname derived from Charles
> is "Chuck"
> and that "Chuq" is wrong.

Of course, some folks have, in fact, tried to have that discussion with
me... Not that it worked.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.