Problems with personalization (was Re: OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users]Archive URL in postings (2.1b3))

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Oct 29 23:03:44 CET 2002

    >> I put Sender squarely in the implementation detail corner so I
    >> feel like I can change that if necessary.  You shouldn't be
    >> relying on Sender anyway because it's only required if
    >> different than the From header.

    GAVH> Well, you can argue this on a philosophical basis, or on an
    GAVH> enginerring "best practice" basis, but in the real world you
    GAVH> only have so many things that a user can filter on.

But you can't rely on the Sender header being there at all, so it
makes a poor choice for filtering on anyway.

-Barry