[Mailman-Users] Domain is rewritten

Fredrik Rambris fredrik at rambris.com
Sun Sep 1 16:59:48 CEST 2002

Hi!

I have installed postfix and tested att local delivery works just fine.
Postfix installed from source.

Mailinglist delivery also works (the mails get to their destination) but
the domain is rewritten. Mailman installed from the RPM supplied by Red
Hat in RHL 7.3.

I know this may be an MTA issue but I thought that this may be a common
error amongst mailman users.

The hostname is mail.domain.tld and that is what postfix is configured
as myhostname (postfix/main.cf). I've added another A record in the DNS
to lists.domain.tld. I've added lists.domain.tld to the mydestination
(again, postfix/main.cf). When I manually connect to port 25 and send
mail from test at lists.domain.tld the mail gets to it's destination with
test at lists.domain.tld as it's sender. But when mailman sends mails they
get rewritten to test at mail.domain.tld. The entries in the maillog looks
similar.

Have anyone a solution to my problem?

/ Fredrik
--
Mail: fredrik at rambris.com    Home: http://fredrik.rambris.com
GnuPG fingerprint: 8484 93D4 FE08 F9B0 36AB  4B56 DA69 3D07 A5EB 7DAD