[Mailman-Users] Re: [Exim] Re: Exim 4.05 & Mailiman - Missing the Directors Configuration (update)

Dave C. djc at microwave.com
Sun Sep 1 20:02:16 CEST 2002

The 'router drivers' in exim4 have been seriously revamped from the
exim3 routers and directors. There is in fact no longer a 'smartuser'
driver. I beleive some of its functionality has been incorporated into
the new 'accept' and 'redirect' router drivers.

Somewhere in the exim4 documentation there should be a document on
converting from exim3 to exim4, that will probably answer a lot of your
questions.

You could even make up a working exim3 config, and user the 'convert4r4'
utility included with exim4 - it not perfect, but it might get you to a
reasonable starting point. You'll have to fully understand how the
sample exim3 configs given with mailman work, and then have to research
how to accomplish the same thing in exim4.

I cant imagine that there isnt someone on this list successfully using
mailman with exim4, perhaps they will speak up with a sample exim4
config.. I have previously used mailman (with exim3) I have since
switched to exim4, but am no longer using mailman.  I will be back in my
office Tuesday - if you havent got it my then drop me a line and I will
see if I can give some further help.