[Mailman-Users] Issue with headers on listserv

Arif Mamdani arif at welfarelaw.org
Thu Sep 5 00:11:53 CEST 2002

Hey folks,
I've got something here that I don't really understand, and would really
appreciate some assistance.

I'm running lists on redhat 7.2, postfix as the MTA, mailman version
2.0.7.

Here's what happening.  I've recently been informed that one of the list
recipients is no longer receiving messages.  After going through some
troubleshooting with her, it looks like the headers on messages going to
her don't contain the "for <user at domain.name>;" section that (I think)
identifies the recipient.  Looking through headers on my other lists, it
appears that none of the lists are sending messages with that line in
the header, yet they "work" because the right people get their
messages/respond/etc, so I'm confused both about this particular issue,
as well as why if none of my lists contain this header info, they appear
to work.

any help/guidance/place to look to learn more about this would be
appreciated.

thanks much,
-arif
Arif Mamdani				arif at welfarelaw.org
Circuit Rider				ph: 651.644.0199
LINC Project -- Welfare Law Center	 c: 917.655.2579
www.lincproject.org www.welfarelaw.org