[Mailman-Users] MailCommandHandler.py errors

Michael Pike mpike at nnmcmed.ihs.gov
Thu Sep 5 01:38:10 CEST 2002

I tried using configure with specifying /usr/bin/python2 as the
interpreter.... no luck...

so, I just copied python2 over python, and now it works... who knows
what else it will screw up... but mailman is more important to me than
whatever the hell python was doing before.... i backed up the old
python to pythonoriginal in /usr/bin... so now /usr/bin/python is a
copy of /usr/bin/python2 and it's fine.

let me know if I am an idiot.
mike

> Michael Pike wrote:
>
> > I have Python2-2.2-16 (default rh73 install) and still getting the
> > errors.... what is a good version to downgrade too?
>
>     A default RH7.3 install will have python installed, and only if
you've
> selected it, python2.  By your message it looks like you have
python2 installed,
> however python will still be on the system (many other rpm's rely on
python, rpm
> being one of them), so Mailman is using that, not python2.  Tell the
configure
> script that you want to use python2 instead (read ./configure --help)
>
> --
> W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
--
>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410
x130
>   IT Director / SysAdmin / WebSmith             .     800.441.3873
x130
>   Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.            .     3550 Arapahoe Ave.
>   http://www.pcraft.com ..... .  .    .       Boulder, CO 80303,
U.S.A.