[Mailman-Users] Dealing with Spam

Jerry jgardner at cfl.rr.com
Sun Sep 8 01:57:32 CEST 2002

I've run into a problem that I'm sure someone must have addressed by
now, and I appologize in advance if this is an old thread. (A search of
the archives returned so many near misses that I finally gave up
looking.) I run a private mailMan list with a little over a hundred
subscribers, and each day I must deal with about a dozen spam messages
held for my approval. I've read everything I could find, but have not
discovered a way to have mailMan automatically delete these messages.
The closest I came was in one of the FAQs, where it was suggested that I
run a cron script that would delete them. The only problem with that was
that the script also deletes subscription requests. (I can't imagine
anyone thinking that was a satisfactory solution!) Surely there's a
better way! Anyone?

All the best,
Jerry