[Mailman-Users] Dealing with Spam

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 8 05:53:02 CEST 2002

Okay, dokey.  I wrote the work-around that deletes the waiting spam.
The reason I don't worry about the waiting subscriptions is that on my
lists, I never get any.  I only close my lists to email that doesn't
belong to folks from the list.  Anyone can subscribe to the lists.

The few lists I have where the subscriptions are closed, only folks that
I know are added, and those folks email me directly.

So yes, I think that is a satisfactory solution.  That's why I wrote it
that way.

If I didn't think it was satisfactory, I would simply add a grep
statement to the script kicked off by the cron, and remove the requests
from the files that are to be deleted.  Then I would re-add the request
after cleaning out the request.db file.

Alternately, you could write a python script to pull out the spam and
separate it from the requests. Of course if I was going that far, I
would let that script remove the spam files.
Of course, at the time I wrote that script, I barely knew python...

As someone else already pointed out, you can simply upgrade to the
latest beta.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===