[Mailman-Users] List too big to load...

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Wed Sep 11 16:08:28 CEST 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Angel Gabriel wrote:

> Is it possible to manage the list from the command line? I just wnt to
> know how many people are on the list, and also stop them from posting.
> (It's an announce list)

Both of these questions were answered in the past few days.

To administer your lists on the command line, explore the various
utilities in Mailman's bin directory.  There's lots of good stuff there,
and as also illustrated in recent postings, they're even better when
joined together via command pipelines.

To make a list announce-only, go to "Privacy Options" and set 'Restrict
posting privilege to list members?' to "No" -AND- add only yourself to the
next field, 'Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list ...'

Someone else also pointed out that the announce-only question is answered
in the FAQ:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp

Other helpful FAQ links:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py