[Mailman-Users] List too big to load...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 11 16:25:52 CEST 2002

In addition to the great advice given below, you should look at your
disk subsystem and the memory on your current server.  In probability
you need to upgrade both.

A faster disk subsystem (controller and drives) will dramatically
increase the performance on your server.  More RAM is always helpful,
and in your case, you could use the extra RAM to setup a 50MB RAM disk,
and then move the config directory for your list onto that RAM disk, and
mount it over you existing config directory.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Jon Carnes
===