[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 11 20:43:07 CEST 2002

In the Mailman 2.0x series Virtual domains are done on the MTA and
webserver level.

One of the best Open Source MTA's for virtual domains is Postfix (just
my opinion, and notice I specified "open source").  If you stick with
Sendmail then you'll have to set it up to use the Generics table, and
then of course you'll have to maintain that table (which specifies which
"local" email addresses are to be specified as coming from alternate
domains).

You'll also have to set the virtual domains in Apache, which you have
probably already done!  Remember to add the CGIscript pointers to the
local mailman install.

Good Luck,

Jon Carnes