[Mailman-Users] What is this?

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 12:40:35 CEST 2002

At 10:37 20/06/2001 -0700, Zimmer wrote:
>/usr/local/bin/python: can't open file
>'/home/mailman/cron/qrunner'
>

>Ok, I keep getting this in my mailman user's inbox.
>What's it mean?
>

>A Confuzzled Zimm

You do not say but I'm assuming you are running Mailman 2.0.x

As part of your installation procedure you should have installed a cron
table, probably the one in $prefix/Mailman/cron/crontab.in, for your
mailman UID. In that crontab should be a line that reads something like:

<quote>
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner
</quote>

You can check this with the crontab command.

I think the email may be cron telling you that it cannot open the qrunner
script file being referred to by the crontab entry.

Doing an ls -l on $prefix/cron would have the following line in the
response if your Mailman installation is OK:

<quote>
-rw-r--r--    1 mailman  mailman     12044 Jul 30 11:41 qrunner
</quote>

Running $prefix/bin/check_perms might clear the problem