[Mailman-Users] Blocking Unsubscribe?

Moz lists at moz.co.nz
Wed Sep 18 23:58:09 CEST 2002

Nathan wrote:
> ability to block unsubscribing from a list.  We have a number of
> required campus mailing lists that our users must remain subscribed
> to at all times.

As far as I know, you can unsubscribe by: sending email to
<list>-unsubscribe at ... or by using the web form. A little judicious
editing of the user HTML page (via the admin interface) would remove
both the unsubscribe and nomail options (but them smart users can
still create requests that use those options). Changing the
~alias/.<list>-unsubscribe file so it is empty will stop that from
having any effect.

I think that should work.

Moz