[Mailman-Users] Subscription options help

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Fri Sep 20 05:38:16 CEST 2002

That doesn't work... it just causes Mailman to reply with detailed
instructions on how to unsubscribe via email.  The detailed instructions
mention needing a password, which prompts most users (because few ever set a
password) to have to use the web interface.  In the end it takes 15 steps to
unsubscribe from Mailman where as other list software is just 2 (unsubscribe
+ confirm).

<rant>
Mailman should allow unsubscriptions via confirmed email w/o requiring a
password, there is no valid reason to require the password when
unsubscribing via email.
</rant>

-Jim P.