[Mailman-Users] Was Does mailman support a MySQL backend? - Now MTA tweaking!

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Sep 20 19:07:40 CEST 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:55:31 +0100
Angel Gabriel <badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk> wrote:

> It's seems that it is a matter of personal prefrance as to the MTA to
> use... which just left me stuck!!

  ObNote: I regularly sustain 1,400 deliveries per minute or better with
  both Exim and Postfix.  At times, depending on target MX distribution,
  I've sustained just over 2,100 deliveries per minute.

  Caveats: I have a unusual distribution of target MXes and users.
  Example: AOL+MSN+HotMail+Yahoo together forms less than 3% of my
  subscriber base.

> I also read someone amoung the many pages, that mailman uses it's own
> delivery mechanism... is that correct?

Yes, just to get to the MTA that will do final delivery.

J C Lawrence