[Mailman-Users] Error installing 2.0.13

Maria Garcia Suarez mariagarciasuarez at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 21:14:54 CEST 2002

Hi there!

Following Jon's advice about installing Mailman 2.0.13
from sources (instead of using version 2.0.11 packed
in Debian Woody) I tried to :-)

But I got another problem.

I've created both user and group mailman. I changed
rights as described in
http://www.list.org/install-system.html and finally
downloaded the files from ftp.gnu.org

I uncompress it to /home/mailman-2.0.13, cd to that
directory and run (as root, as normal user I get the
same eror):

./configure --prefix=/home/mailman-2.0.13
make install

First program runs fine but make install fails to move
files. Here I attach the output of make install.

Some sentences are in spanish (sorry, I tried to make
mv answer in english but I could manage), here I
include the translation of those sentences:

* son el mismo fichero - are the same file

* al mover varios ficheros, el último argumento debe
ser un directorio - if you want to move several files
second arguments must be a directory

*  no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre `*.html': No
existe el fichero o el directorio - I can't make (or
do) 'stat' on '*.html', either the file or the
directory doesn't exist

Hope someone can help me.

Kisses,

Maria G Suarez