[Mailman-Users] Re: Error installing 2.0.13

Maria Garcia Suarez mariagarciasuarez at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 22:37:24 CEST 2002

Hi there!

--- "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
> Maria Garcia Suarez wrote:

> > /who really apologises for disturbing so much...
> :-(
> > and apreciates your help a lot
>
>     You're not disturbing.  You're asking for help -
> anyone is allowed to do that.

Ashley, thanks a lot for all your help :-)

> > mv: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre
> `/home/mailman/templates/*.html': No existe el
> fichero o el directorio
> > /usr/bin/install: no se puede efectuar `stat'
> sobre `*.html': No existe el fichero o el directorio
> > mv: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre
> `/home/mailman/templates/*.txt': No existe el
> fichero o el directorio
> > /usr/bin/install: no se puede efectuar `stat'
> sobre `*.txt': No existe el fichero o el directorio
> > make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/mailman-2.0.13/templates'
> > make: *** [doinstall] Error 2
>     Now this...  Here's what's happening:
>
>     The install script checks to see if you don't
> already have a previous installation, and tries to
> move the old files away prior to installing newer
> ones.  However, since you don't have an older
> install, the 'mv' command fails.  Now why it's
> actually quitting on you, that may be specific to
> your distribution.  On my system when it fails, it
> ignores the error and continues on.  I don't know
> what's the best solution here, but it could be
> something as simple as creating two blank
> files, but Mailman should test for the file
> existence first, before blindly 'mv'-ing things.
> Just my opinion.

Just a comment: as I saw those errors I didn't check
if everything was Ok, but after reading your mail I
did, I went to $prefix and bin/check'ed_perms and
system answered "No problems found" :-)

In the page I see that that doesn't mean that
everything is working perfectly well but at least is
better than the errors I got at the begining :-)

I keep on moving forward, I am already at
http://www.list.org/install-final.html

I hope not to disturb more O:-)

Thanks to all of you for your helps :-)

Kisses,