[Mailman-Users] Importing messages to archives

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Sep 23 10:35:44 CEST 2002

Greetings,

I have been asked to possibly host a list previously kept in another system.
They would like to include archives from their existing list, and have the
messages in mbox format. The format appears to be compatible, but when I
appended a sample to one of my test lists the other messages were not added.

I'm guessing that there is one header that determines if an entry is added to
the archives, and that the additional messages I added to my test list weren't
displayed in the archives because they lacked that header. Can someone tell me
what the header is? If so, I can replace that header (or a similar one) from
their existing list with the header matching the name of their new list and
import it.

Thanks in advance,

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,