[Mailman-Users] Oh no! Multiple Emails going out to people!

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Sep 23 18:17:22 CEST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:37:32 +0100
Angel Gabriel <badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to know, how I can strip duplicate emails out of my
> subscriber list. Apparently, multiple emails are being sent out to
> people, and I'm not sure how to stop this. People are getting pissed
> off, and are complaining

If multiple versions of the same person's address are in your DB there's
not much you can do other than having them individually clean up their
own accounts.

  Exception: You can likely (not guaranteed) assume that
  bubba at school.ac.uk is the same as bubba at winkle.school.ac.uk.  Export
  your subscriber list out to a text file (list-members) and then run a
  sed script to find these duplicates.

--
J C Lawrence