[Mailman-Users] RE: Diagnosing duplicates [Was:Now MTAtweaking!]

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Mon Sep 23 19:55:39 CEST 2002

> I think this is the problem, I saw in the logs something about
> QRUNNER_LOCK_LIFETIME expiring, **wonders how to fix this....**

Look in  /home/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py  and search for QRUNNER.
You will find the QRUNNER_LOCK_LIFETIME parameter, plus several
related parameters, plus explanatory notes.

Following the general rule, use /home/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
to override the desired settings that you see in Defaults.py

What parameters do you override and what settings do you use?  You
can ask this list for suggested settings from folks in a similar
situation ('similar' I guess applies to list size and frequency of
posts, plus system capabilities and -- probably most important --
connectivity to the outside world (which I see you have already
begun to ask about)).  In any case, however, you will probably need
to experiment a little, so some explanatory messages to and patience
from your list members may be needed.

HTH,
- Andrew