[Mailman-Users] Mail List Encryption

Norbert Bollow nb at cisto.com
Wed Sep 25 11:09:31 CEST 2002

> I do I setup Mailman so that all emails being sent out are encrypted?
> Or do I need to specify this in the Sendmail?

This is not trivial at all; I think the most tricky issue will
probably be the matter of key management (and this definately needs to
be done at "Mailman" level, not at the "sendmail" level; the technical
details will be a topic for mailman-developers, not mailman-users.

> Any clue?  Thanks for any inputs.

Start with analysing your security needs.  Then choose a trust model
(how will Mailman know what recipient's encryption keys it should
trust?)  Then we can start discussing how the system could be
implementated at the technical level.

Greetings, Norbert.

Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Tel +41 1 972 20 59        Fax +41 1 972 20 69       http://norbert.ch