[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to change to archiving setting after list has already been created?

mailman at tux.org mailman at tux.org
Wed Sep 25 19:00:53 CEST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, David A Gilbert wrote:

> I need to change a bunch of existing lists that are currently doing 2
> below (archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving) to 1
> below (archive to mbox to use an external archiving mechanism only).
> # ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX
>       #-1 - do not do any archiving
>       # 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
>       # 1 - archive to mbox to use an external archiving mechanism only
>       # 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving -
>       #     use this to make both external archiving mechanism work and
>       #     mailman's builtin html archiving.  the flat mail file can be
>       #     useful for searching, external archivers, etc.
>       #
> ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2

(assuming v2.0.x; this may also apply to v2.1)

Note that "ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX" is a global setting (and that is why there
is nothing in the config dumps related to it).  You can change it by
overriding it in your mm_cfg.py file, but it will affect all of your
lists for which archiving is turned on.

- Andrew