[Mailman-Users] Re: Approval via email response broken in 2.1b3?

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Thu Sep 26 03:17:30 CEST 2002

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Henrik Larsson
had to walk into mine and say:
> >Web approval works for me in 2.1b3, but I've never tried email
> >approval.
>
> When i press Approve (or Reject), and press "Submit All Data" it just loops
> back to the same page without doing anything.
>
> Then i can try to "Submit All Data" again, but still without success.
>
> Any idea on what is going on?

I've only seen this behaviour once, and I tracked it down to my
webserver issuing redirects from http://www.dom.ain/mm/... to
https://www.dom.ain/mm/... (i.e. HTTP to HTTP over SSL). The redirect
was eating the POST.

I took the redirect out, and everything went back to normal.

I'm running 2.1b3 (stock) on a Linux RedHat 7.2 system.

--
Harald Koch     <chk at pobox.com>

"It takes a child to raze a village."
		-Michael T. Fry