[Mailman-Users] log directories exceed 64K

Mark Gillingham markgill at greatbooks.org
Thu Sep 26 03:46:59 CEST 2002

Most of the files in /var/log/mailman/ are empty and I don't understand
why the format is of many directories with numbers (e.g.,
post.5.4.3.2.1). This came to get me this weekend when our local telco
cut our line and many extra logfiles were created because mail could
not be sent or received. The number of directories exceed 64K and
caused my system to stop. Can I erase all of these logs? Why are the
created in this way? Where can I read about them?

Mark