[Mailman-Users] Mailman on a shared server???

Roger Chrisman rogerhc at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 27 03:04:56 CEST 2002

On Thursday 26 September 2002 08:06, you wrote:
> Hello Mailman Users,
> I've been a member of the list for about a week now and have not seen
> anyone post this question:
>
> Can Mailman run on one of Alabanza's shared servers?

Eric,

I don't know about Alabanza, but Dreamhost.com offers free Mailman lists with
all their Web hosting accounts and accounts start at US$9.95/month. Have not
tried them because I am trying to set up Mailman to serve lists from my home
server over my DSL connection. I have never even set up an MTA before though
(I am trying Postfix). So if I cannot hit the golf ball I will try Dreamhost.

I think your answer is you need root access to install Mailman because you
need to be able to creat a Mailman group and user. If your Web host has
Mailman set up for you or is willing to set it up for you, then you can do
it. If they wont do it, switch hosts. (Someone say so if I'm wrong.)

Roger
- I'm green as grass; got moxy -