[Mailman-Users] Help for a new install on Linux

Mark Tilden mark at tildens.org
Mon Sep 30 19:11:46 CEST 2002

Ladies & Gents:

I'm new to this, so please forgive me if these questions are basic:

I've installed mailman on my linux box and it seems to be for the most part
working, after some tweaking. I have run into two problems that have me
stumped, however:

1. I created a test list after I installed mailman. Unfortunately, the name
of the list contains spaces. That appears to cause numerous problems,
including for some reason a problem with the administration interface cookie
not working properly. However, the most curious, is that I can't delete the
list. I've tried running the rmlist script, and it appears to work, but the
mail list persists. I've tried putting the name in quotes. Any suggestions?

2. I created a second test list with no spaces in the name. It works better.
However, whenever I send mail to the list server, I get a "loop back" bounce
message from sendmail. Here's the message:

> This is the Postfix program at host gateway.tildens.org.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
>			The Postfix program
>
> <markstestlist at gateway.tildens.org>: mail for gateway.tildens.org loops
back to myself

Can someone point me in a direction to fix this? What have I done wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Mark