[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman in a corporate environment with Exchange 5.5...

jbrouhard at ci.st-joseph.mo.us jbrouhard at ci.st-joseph.mo.us
Fri Apr 4 22:32:04 CEST 2003

Okay, I got myself a problem I need some serious help with.

I run various mail servers that run RedHat Linux, and a variety of MTA's
(Postfix, Sendmail namely) and some have Mailman on them.  They all work
wonderfully.  However where I work we have an Exchange 5.5 server for our
mail, and I've got a problem getting Mailman/Sendmail to work with it.

Every time I send an email to a test list (for example,
test-l at listbox.corporate.net), the Exchange server replies saying "Unknown
User" or "Unknown Receipient".  Now I have no clue what is causing this,
aside from the explaination I've been given:

Exchange Server 5.5 strips the "hostname' from the email address:
list at listbox.corporate.net becomes list at corporate.net.

The Listbox is running RedHat 8.0, Sendmail, and MailMan 2.0.13

The full error when I try to send from my corporate account is (I have
blanked out our listserv's domain for security reasons):