[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman on SSL site

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 19:17:18 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:13, John Shaw wrote:
> For extra security I was going to install mailman under the secure part of our
> site.  The problem is I don't know how to configure mailman to know it is on
> an https site instead of an http site.  Anyone know how I can fix this so all
> the links aren't broken.
>
> John

>From an archive message I just read this morning (from Richard
Barrett)...

1. make the appropriate changes to your Apache httpd.conf so that your
server will only make the Mailman web interface URIs available via
https.

2. assuming MM 2.1.1, assign the value of the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN MM
config
variable in mm_cfg.py to use the https scheme, e.g.

   DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

This should ensure that the web_page_url atrribute of new lists uses
https

3. use $prefix/bin/fix_url.py to get the change to DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
propagate to the web_page_url attribute of any existing lists.

===