[Mailman-Users] How do I delete all members from a list in 2.0.13?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Apr 7 22:02:43 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 15:51, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> I am still running RH8 and the 2.0.13 mailman. I am writing some automation
> scripts that post to the list, but I don't want to keep 'spamming' all my
> members until it's done. (I'm the only one that posts to the list --
> announce only basically). What I want to do is somehow delete all the
> members, add just me, test my scripts, when satisfied, put all the members
> back (paste all email addresses or move a file back in place or whatever). I
> don't see a file that contains JUST the members?! There is one 'config.db'
> but it seems to be binary and possibly contain other stuff too. Suggestions?
> Are there some scripts/tools that will facilitate this. I'm curious as to
> why there isn't just a single file that has all the people in it and another
> with config stuff. Seems kind of short-sighted unless I'm missing something
> here.

Look at the bin/dumpdb and bin/config_list programs included in your
mailman distribution.  You could use dumpdb on config.db to save your
existing configuration (including all the members).  Or get all of the
configuration options with bin/config_list -o.  You can remove members
with bin/remove_members -a.

There are lots of ways of doing this, just look around in the bin
directory!  Run each program with no arguments to see what the possible
options are.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy