[Mailman-Users] Editing a held post

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 01:47:31 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 19:02, Adam Boettiger wrote:
> Re: Editing a held post prior to publishing
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.009.htp>
>
> I am using Entourage as my email client and it does not (to my knowledge)
> allow me to modify the headers of an outgoing message as described in this
> FAQ entry.
>
> It seems to me that I should be able to simply modify the held post directly
> in the Web form box via the Web admin area, save my changes and then release
> it.  How are others handling the modification of held posts prior to
> release?
>
> AB

There are a couple of reasons why this does not work (editing the web
form).  The most compelling is that message in the web form is only a
portion of the whole message (unless you've modified
~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py so that it puts the whole message in the web
form).

The web form displays a database entry from request.db. Any posted
changes would simply change the database entry and not the actual
waiting message.

There is a patch that modifies this behavior.  It basically allows
posting back into the database then copies the database entry back over
the waiting message - and then carries through with the approval.

Have fun - Jon Carnes