[Mailman-Users] modify many lists?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 15:32:46 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 09:02, Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, CARTER Anthony wrote:
>
> > You can turn of archiving completely for all lists in the Default.py (make
> > changes in mm_cfg.py) file...However, I think that you don't want ALL lists
> > removed...That, i don't know about...
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> > On Thursday 10 April 2003 14:34, Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist wrote:
> > > Is it possible to make a change to many lists (eg turn off archiving)
> > > without having to go to each webpage?  I guess what I'm looking for is
> > > something like
> > > dumpdb $PREFIX/lists/$LISTNAME/config.db | sed ....|convertdb
> > > ie dump the list config into ascii, modify it and convert it back.
> > >

> That's for future lists (those not yet created). This doesn't help for
> current lists...

Right! But to automate such changes on multiple lists you could use the
~mailman/bin/config_list command.

This lets you dump out the configuration for a list into a text file.
Edit the text file and remove any configuration items you don't want to
change.  Now change the items you want to the values you want.

Use the config_list command to upload the changes to each list that you
want modified.

Have fun - Jon Carnes