FW: [Mailman-Users] Using Mailman in a corporate environment with Exchange 5.5...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 00:59:02 CEST 2003

I have seen this problem many times. You actually have it documented
fairly well in this email.  Exchange thinks that it is the default mail
router for your company (and it is), but the way Exchange works it will
not easily forward mail to another mail server - unless that server is
an Exchange server.

You can work around this a couple of ways.  One is to use an internal
only domain name that resolves to your internal Mailman server.  Note
this domain must not be a subdomain of your normal domain and your
exchange server must not be a part of this internal domain. Make sure
you setup your Mailman server to accept mail for this internal domain.
Setup your custom recipient to point to the internal domain.

There are some other ways of doing this but they require you to make
some mod's to your Exchange server (and I can't remember all the details
right now since thankfully it's been a year since I had to interface
with an Exchange server)

Good Luck - Jon Carnes