[Mailman-Users] Pipermail don't process the list.mbox

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 15:48:15 CEST 2003

At 13:48 11/04/2003, Sylvain Langlade wrote:
>Hi,
>

>I hope not to post some dummy question about mailman (/me newby)...
>Everything seems to work okay (Mailman 2.1.1 + Postfix 2.2.2 on a BSD 3.2)
>except for one little thing : the pipermail part of mailman refuse to
>process my mail archives.

When you say "mailman refuse" do you mean that you just cannot see the HTML
archives or is there some problem being logged on the $prefix/logs/error log.

The configuration variable ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX should have the value 2 assigned
to it to get archiving to both mbox and pipermail (internal archiver
generating HTML archives)

Check in your $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py and that the value their has not
been overridden in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

>The $varprefix/data/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox is filled with my
>messages, but the HTML files are not generated.

Are you saying that the directory $varprefix/data/private/listname.mbox
exists bu there is no directory $varprefix/data/private/listname (which is
where the pipermail generated HTML archive pages should be) ?

>I've tried many thing : private / public, changing volume frequency (daily /
>weekly...). To no avail.

Have you tried running $prefix/bin/arch listname ?

What console output does it generate ?