[Mailman-Users] Name or service not known

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Sat Apr 12 20:14:20 CEST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> > On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 17:04, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>
> > > I'm still pulling out my hair on this one ...
>
> Remember that I was trying to get my stand-alone test machine to use
> my Sendmail command (really exim) instead of SMTPDirect?

Remember?

Well, I finally found a better way to fix up my test machine and I can
use SMTPDirect and all is fine.

So, whenever I made a newlist, it didn't like the owner's email
address not having > 2 parts to the domain name.  So, I jimmied a
domain name in exim.  This, via SMTPDirect, resulted in Mailman
sending to the dns who couldn't find my jimmied domain name and the
mail just sat in the queue.

So, instead I jimmied Utils.py to accept domains with just 1 part and
all is groovy.

Whew!

Marilyn