[Mailman-Users] Getting postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py to work

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 15 02:22:57 CEST 2003

Looks interesting.

Personally I'm using the integration built-in to Mailman v2.1.x.  It
gives the same functionality and actually works.

Read the README.POSTFIX file that comes with Mialman version 2.1.x (you
can also find a copy in the archives.

With this setup, the aliases are automatically created in
~mailman/data/aliases at the same time that you create a list.  You add
that file to the alias_maps line in ~etc/postfix/main.cf and then set
~mailman/mm_cfg.py to use 'Postfix' as the mta module, and that's about
it.  The whole process is documented in the README file mentioned above.

Two caveats: you have to initialize the alias files by running
~mailman/bin/genaliases, and if you use the web-interface to create
lists then you need to either add the web-user to the mailman group - or
you need to make the alias files world writable so that the web-CGI can
update the aliases files (otherwise you get an error).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes