[Mailman-Users] Delivery problems to List Addresses

Victor Daniel a.k.a the MacNut macnut at macnuthome.com
Thu Apr 17 01:49:06 CEST 2003

I've installed Mailman 2.1.1 on a Debian 3.0 system, with Exim 3.35
as the MTA. But I can't get Exim to recognize any of the list
addresses. Whenever I try to confirm a subscription via email, or
send a message to a list, I get an error like this:

   test-request at macnuthome.com
     unknown local-part "test-request" in domain "macnuthome.com"

And below that is a copy of the message with all headers.

I've installed the appropriate transports and directors in the
exim.conf file, following the directions on the Exim HOWTO page, and
restarted Exim afterwards. But it seems no list-related mail gets
through. I've checked the FAQs and the list archives, and can't find
this particular error addressed. What have I missed? What should I
check? What haven't I changed or shouldn't have changed? Please help.

The MacNut