[Mailman-Users] Plesk Mailman 2.1.1 problems

Alexis Bellido alexis at ventanazul.com
Mon Apr 21 19:35:40 CEST 2003

Hello i have 2 problems:

1. I installed Mailman 2.1.1 on my Linux Red Hat 7.2 Server, i use Plesk
2.5 RPM version as web hosting control panel.

You can see the instructions i followed here:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6914&highlight=mailman

Before installing 2.1.1 i used 2.0.9 and i installed using this

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4009&highlight=mailman

I have change because of new multiple language option and better options
for virtual domains. With my 2.0.9 installation i had to use multiple
installations, one for each domain, example:

/usr/local/mailman/domain1.com
/usr/local/mailman/domain2.com

It worked but it wasn't the best thing.

Now i have installed Mailman 2.1.1 on /usr/local/mailman2 , everything
is fine until now but if i try to subscribe to an email not hosted on my
server i get this message on my smtp-failure log:

Apr 21 10:15:55 2003 (13660) delivery to alexisbellido at terra.com.pe
failed with code 553: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

What could be wrong?.

2. My mailman 2.0.9 installations that were working great for almost 1
year now are not able to send messages to emails outside my server (same
problem as new 2.1.1 installation), here is some lines from my
logs/bounce file:

Mar 25 13:32:07 2003 (32602) Equipo: disabled hermesruiz at mixmail.com
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: lvillafuerte at arrakis.es - exceeded
limits
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: disabled lvillafuerte at arrakis.es
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: yguevara at upc.edu.pe - exceeded
limits
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: disabled yguevara at upc.edu.pe
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: l_delacruz71 at hotmail.com - exceeded
limits
Mar 25 13:32:08 2003 (32602) Equipo: disabled l_delacruz71 at hotmail.com
Mar 25 13:32:10 2003 (32602) Partners: aahe_tito at hotmail.com - 2 more
allowed over -141125 secs
Mar 25 13:32:10 2003 (32602) Partners: m_aliaga at yahoo.com - first
Mar 25 13:32:10 2003 (32602) Partners: emaliaga at hotmail.com - first
Mar 25 13:32:10 2003 (32602) Partners: venempresas at hotmail.com - 2 more
allowed over -141125 secs
Mar 25 13:32:10 2003 (32602) Partners: miguel_srye at infonegocio.net.pe -
2 more allowed over -141125 secs

Aparently all the list messages sent to outside emails are being
bounced, why is that?.

I have tested my Qmail and i can send normal emails to outside addresses
from mailboxes on my server but Mailman can't.

I have seen that if i include some of those domains on rcpthosts file it
works but that's not an acceptable solution, besides yesterday i did not
need that and Mailman 2.0.9 worked ok.

Any help would be appreciated and i offer in exchange to help with
Mailman and Plesk installation, i have done it several times, my problem
here is with Qmail i guess.

Alexis Bellido M.
Ventanazul : Web Design : Hosting : eCommerce
Consultenos sobre nuestros servicios via chat en www.ventanazul.com

alexis at ventanazul.com
ICQ: 95509561 | MSN Messenger: alexisbellido at hotmail.com | Yahoo ID:
alexisbellido