[Mailman-Users] multiple lists and domains

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Apr 22 11:51:53 CEST 2003

I'm looking for a way to have the same list name on multiple domains.
 For example, cvs-all at lists.example.org and cvs-
all at lists.example.com.  I asked this question here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-
November/023708.html but now I'm find that solution doesn't give very
pretty results.

The public name of the list cannot be changed.  With aliases, I can
allow people to send mail to cvs-all at lists.example.org, but there's
more to it than that.

The URL for one of these lists would be:

Ideally, that would be:

But more difficult to achieve, I think, is the information displayed
on that page.  Under the existing situation, this page would contain
several references to "cvs-all-example.org" instead of "cvs-all".  It
seems there is much more to this than meets the eye.  It's almost as
if we need a public name and a private name.

Anyone already solved this?
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/