[Mailman-Users] Mailman + MhonArc problems

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Thu Apr 24 19:46:01 CEST 2003

Yes the documentation and faq seem to be very lacking in this area.

And it's hard to get each and every detail right.

You have to do a "mailmanctl restart" everytime you change this stuff
for the archiving qrunner to see the changes.

Look in the logs for complaints.

In the end, to get it going, I inserted this bit of code into
/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py:ArchiveMail()

        deb = open("/tmp/debug","w")
        deb.write( xxxx )
        deb.close()
        os.system("mail marilyn < /tmp/debug")

where xxxx is whatever variable I wanted to look at.  That way I could
see what was happening -- it got delivered to my mailbox.  If it
didn't get to my mailbox, it meant that that part of the code wasn't
reached and I had to back up to see why not.  You do have:

> > ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2

It must be 2.

Now then, I have to coax MHonArc to do something better than the
default and I have sworn to forget perl since I met python.

Good luck to both of us.

Marilyn