[Mailman-Users] mailman webfrontend under different url

proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Apr 25 23:53:55 CEST 2003

hi,

im trying to run the webfrontend to mailman on a different server.
For this i set up apache mod_proxy on this server to fetch the
requiered pages from to "real" mailman server.

The Problem ist that i cannot configure mailman to correctly change
the DEFAULT_URL_HOST.

i configured

DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://tools.my.domain/mailman/'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'maillists.test.my.domain'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'tools.my.domain'
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW=0

in mm_cfg.py

the rewrite module rewrites everything from
http://tools.my.domain/mailman/(.*) to
http://mailserver.my.domain/cgi-bin/mailman/$1

the result,  when i display the default mailman/admin page, is
that the "mailing list owerview ", and "create new list"-URLS  point
to maillists.test.my.domain insted of tools.my.domain,
only the administrative link to the Mailman List (which i created)
points correctly to tools.my.domain.

Also when i connect to the server directly
(http://mailserver.my.domain/cgi-bin/mailman/admin) the links are not set
correct.

Why does mailman use the value of DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST for these links?

Mailman version is 2.1.1 on debian woody.
The maillinglists shall appear unter mlists.test.my.domain

thanks
timo