[Mailman-Users] duplicate messages

Brad Barnett bb at L8R.net
Sat Apr 26 16:22:51 CEST 2003

Hey all,

I've had a very bizarre situation occur with Mailman just last week.
After one post to the list, Mailman started generating duplicate after
duplicate of this same message.  It was caught in the process of sending
the fourth message out.

The list.mbox file shows 4 identical messages, even if using diff to check
them against each other.  They all have the same message ID, the same send
time, etc.  Each of these messages was sent to the over 10k users on this
list, and I still don't know why.

Mailman logging doesn't seem very helpful in determining this.  Is there
any way I can discover just what happened, and is this a known bug in
mailman?  I can provide any logging information needed...

Thanks!