[Mailman-Users] duplicate messages

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 27 22:53:01 CEST 2003

I've only seen this kind of behavior in Mailman 2.0.13 when the server
ran out of resources (or was restarted) in the middle of a delivery.

I suggest you look at your system resources - in particular your RAM and
your disk space.  I have a feeling that you ran out of RAM while trying
to process mail going out to your list.

You'll see several instances in the archives where we have tracked this
type of behavior down to a system resource problem.

Earlier versions of Mailman (like version 2.0.11) did have problems with
malformed headers, which would cause this type of behavior, but 2.0.13
has been very good about handling anything thrown at it.

BTW: when you get 4 identical messages where even the MSG-ID's are
identical, then you know it's the same message being delivered multiple
times.

Take care and good luck - Jon Carnes