[Mailman-Users] News gateway

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 05:51:43 CEST 2003

Mailman version 2.1.1 may have better performance (able to gate the
messages even while moderating the senders), but I haven't tested that
yet.

I've set this up for a few companies using version 2.0.13.  I used an
external news reader (like slrn) to read in the new articles, then
pumped the articles into Mailman using an approved header.  I let
mailman pump new mail out to the news groups.

Note: there are two tricky parts to this,
 - check that the news post did not originate from the Mailman list (if
it did then toss it away, *don't* push it back to the list)
 - Put a header in the gated news-group messages so that the the
messages are not re-fed back to the newsgroup via Mailman.

Jon Carnes