[Mailman-Users] mailman webfrontend under different url

proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Apr 28 22:30:42 CEST 2003

Am Samstag, 26. April 2003 09:27 schrieb Richard Barrett:
> You should:
>
> 1. leave the definition for DEFAULT_URL as None as per the default in
> $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py. It is only there for backwards compatibility
> and its role has been taken over by DEFAULT_URL_HOST and
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.
>
> 2. use the $prefix/bin/withlist script fix_url.py to set the web_page_url
> of your existing lists to use the value you have assigned in mm_cfg.py
>
> 3. do mailmanctl restart as a precaution

i checked all this.

DEFAULT_URL ist None (as it was before)
I created my new lists only after i made the changes to mm_cfg.py,
althoug i tried fix_paths as well.

I still have the problem that the links do not point to the proper location.
Following one working link to the "Mailman Administrator Authentication"
of the mailman list, the problem can be seen very clear.

Mailman list run by proescho at informatik.uni-muenchen.de (points to
maillists.test.my.domain)
Mailman administrative interface (requires authorization) (points to
tools.my.domain)
Overview of all maillists.test.rz.informatik.uni-muenchen.de mailing lists
(points to maillists.my.domain)

The next thing i noticed is, that the cgi action form points to
/cgi-bin/mailman, althouth i configured /mailman/ in mm_cfg.py

any more ideas?

many thanks
Timo PRoescholdt