[Mailman-Users] split into fewer recipients

Chris Bauer cbauer at mco.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:41:10 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to reduce the number of recipients in the
messages that mailman sends out. The background info for this is we have
an institutional wide list here with roughly 3000 subscribers. When
messages are being sent out, our mail gateway is getting backed up
processing these messages. Our gateway admin is of the opinion that if
this was split up into more messages, more threads could be used (since
each message inboud is supposed to be processed by a thread) and this
would help with the problem.

So, is there a way I can split this up into more messages with fewer
recipients per message? If not through the mailman config, possibly
through the sendmail config?

Thanks in advance,
-Chris