[Mailman-Users] hypermail in mailman not working

Eric Miller eric at xansys.org
Tue Apr 29 19:56:02 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up my list and have had good luck so far.
Not satisfied with pipermail, I decided to try hypermail.
But no matter what I do, it always runs pipermail and never
hypermail.  I'm stumped.

My list is called xansys_test.

My mm_cfg.py file has:
PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'hypermail -c /var/mailman/hypermail/xansys_test.rc
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER ='hypermail -c /var/mailman/hypermail/xansys_test.rc
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/archives/xansys_test'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/archives/xansys_test'
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 1

No matter what value I set ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX to, it always runs pipermail.

I am guessing that I am missing the obvious command/option.

Some things I've checked:
1: ran check_perms OK
2: cat'd an mbox into the above hypermail command OK
3: Tried every value of ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Eric