[Mailman-Users] Subscription/Unsubscription confirmation

Willie McKemie mckemie at access4less.net
Wed Apr 30 18:41:18 CEST 2003

> To all,
> I understand there are specific reasons for having confirmation when
> users subscribe and unsubscribe, but is it possible to disable this
> (without mucking with source code)?
>
> Also, is there a way to have complete control over the content of
> messages that get sent to users after they change their options?

I asked this same question here about a week ago.  No response.  The
FAQ tells us no.  I asked how to make it more convenient for my
subscribers to get off the lists.  My subscribers do subscribe without
password pain via email to the request address; I have set up mailto:s
on a web page to facilitate it.  However, the subscribers never know
that they HAVE a password and understandably become confused when they
find a password is necessary to unsubscribe.

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin