[Mailman-Users] I guess it's my week for problems, sorry :(

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Fri Aug 1 01:10:38 CEST 2003

When I search two lists, I get this error: (Note: htdig is working for
other lists just fine, just not *these two* lists...)

htdig Archives Access Failure

 The requested list cannot be accessed. list:list.htsearch

If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via
the list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to
the mailman at lists.wingfoot.org:

    https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/private/list/
    /mailman/mmsearch/list

Again, I run FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE, MM 2.1.2, Postfix 2.0.10,
postfix-to-mailman.py (for 2.1), and Apache 1.3.27 w/mod_perl.

I did the following steps:

1) check_perms -f (didn't find anything)
2) went to /usr/local/mailman/archives/private and did:
    chown -R mailman:mailman *
3) Restarted apache, same error
4) did /usr/local/mailman/bin/blow_away_htdig -v list
5) posted to list
6) did /usr/local/mailman/cron/nightly_htdig -v list
7) restarted apache (for good measure), same error

I have a /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/htsearch.. it works for other lists.. :-/

If I just go to the archives and click "Search" on these broken lists, I get:

htdig Archives Access Failure
CGI problem. -5-Field count -4- fields: method,format,sort,config

If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via
the list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to
the mailman at lists.wingfoot.org:

    https://www.wingfoot.org/mailman/private/list/
    /mailman/mmsearch/list

I even found an obscure reference and did the following:

for list in `./list_lists | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v 50`; do ./withlist
-l -r fix_url $list;done

That also didn't fix it.. :-/

This is happening in both Mozilla and IE on my system...

Help?
*makes offers of chocolate*

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess